Discover 'J is for Jellyfish' craft - a fun way for kids of any age to learn about the letter 'J' while making colorful jellyfish art.
ThisJ is For Jellyfish Craft is a fun craft with free printable templates for both young kids and older kids!
Kids are intrigued by ocean animals. They love their vibrant colors, unique shapes and characteristics, and mysterious habitats. And, because they haven't seen much of these nature's stunners (unlike cats and dogs), they are naturally curious to learn more about them.
So, today, we are going to use this to our advantage and try one of our fun alphabet crafts - J is for Jellyfish Craft. Let's make some stingers, shall we?
Want to save this project?
Enter your email below, and then we'll send it straight to your inbox.Plus get awesome new projects from us each week.
Reasons Alphabet Crafts are a Must-Try
Letter crafts are especially useful for early-year students. They help with letter recognition, alphabet writing, and sound recognition. Plus, they are a great way to improve children's fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination.
You can do this great activity with each letter. It'll be fun and educational.
The best part about this fun ocean theme craft is that it only requires a handful of simple supplies. Construction paper, scissors, glue stick - you know, the drill. However, you can bring out whatever you hold in that secret crafter's dream box to fancy things up.
Check Out These Other Alphabet Crafts!
Alphabet Coloring Pages Animals
ABC Crafts Rocks
Sign Language Alphabet Printable
Decorating the Colorful Jellyfish Craft
The original craft has only a few easy-to-follow instructions (I've shared them at the bottom of the page), but who likes boring jelly fish? So, let's look at some ways you can help your little curious heads make this jellyfish craft cute:
- Use googly eyes and paste them on top of the lowercase letter j.
- Make the jellyfish body with pieces of ribbon or colorful washi tapes.
- Use paper bags to make jellyfish tentacles and sprinkle glitter or confetti.
- Use tissue paper to make a 'jellyfish bell.'
- Glitter paint the lower or uppercase letter J to add some sparkle.
Have some other adorable jellyfish activities like our Jellyfish Drawings and Paper Plate Jellyfish.
Don't Miss Our 101+ Animal Crafts,Animal Coloring Pages,Animal Bingo, and Animal Charades.
Letter J Craft Supplies
- Free Letter J Printable Template (at bottom of post)
- Light Green Construction Paper or Card Stock
- Hot Pink Construction Paper or Card Stock
How To Make J is For Jellyfish
Print the jellyfish templates at the bottom of the post and cut out each of the template jellyfish pieces.
With a pencil, trace the J on the light pink piece of paper and the other simple shapes on the hot pink paper. Cut each of jellyfish pieces out.
Glue the hot pink jellyfish head to the top of the light pink J.
Next, glue the two small oval shape side by side in the jellyfish head.
With a black marker, draw on two eyes and a small smile.
The last step is to grab a red marker and draw squiggly lines from the jellyfish head down through the letter J to make the jellyfish’s tentacles.
Viola here is your own adorable jellyfish letter craft. Quick and simple making it an easy peasy craft with lots of fun.
Animal Alphabet Crafts
This fun addition to a letter of the week craft. Here are our other Letters of the Alphabet Animal Crafts
- A is For Alligator
- B is For Bee
- C is For Cat
- D is For Dog
- E is For Elephant
- F is For Frog
- G is For Giraffe
- H is For Horse
- I is For Iguana
- K is For Kangaroo
- L is For Lion
- M is For Mouse
We highlighted thisBack To School Craftalong with some other fun kid's crafts in ourSeptember Crafts in celebration of National Iguana Day - September 8th as well as our101+ Crafts for Kids.
You also do not want to miss our101+ Printable Coloring Pages For Kidsand 101+ Printables For Kids full of Crafts and Coloring Pages.
Other Fun Letter J Crafts
Check out our other J letter crafts!
- January Crafts
- Jingle Bell Wreath Craft
- Juice Box Boat Craft
- Jack O' Lantern Coloring Page
- June Crafts
Download Free Printable J is For Jellyfish Template
Enter your email address in the form below and you'll be taken directly to the free printable jellyfish letter j craft template digital download files.
*For personal use only
Active Time20 minutes
Total Time20 minutes
- Printable Letter J Template
- Light Pink Construction Paper
- Hot Pink Construction Paper
- Black Marker
- Red Marker
- Craft Glue
- Print the jellyfish templates at the bottom of the post and cut out each of the template jellyfish pieces.
- With a pencil, trace the J on the light pink piece of paper and the other simple shapes on the hot pink paper. Cut each of jellyfish pieces out.
- Glue the hot pink jellyfish head to the top of the light pink J.
- Next, glue the two small oval shape side by side in the jellyfish head.
- With a black marker, draw on two eyes and a small smile.
- The last step is to grab a red marker and draw squiggly lines from the jellyfish head down through the letter J to make the jellyfish’s tentacles.
- Viola here is your own adorable jellyfish letter craft. Quick and simple making it an easy peasy craft with lots of fun.
CONNECT WITH MADE WITH HAPPY!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
Find andshop my favorite products on my Amazonstorefront here!
J is For Jellyfish Craft
PIN IT TO YOUR DIY BOARD ON PINTEREST!
FOLLOWMADE WITH HAPPYON PINTEREST FOR ALL THINGS HAPPY!
Insights, advice, suggestions, feedback and comments from experts
Based on the user's request, it seems that they are looking for information related to the concepts mentioned in the article about the 'J is for Jellyfish' craft. The user is interested in learning about the letter 'J' while making colorful jellyfish art. They mention that this craft is a fun way for kids of any age to learn about the letter 'J' and engage in a creative activity.
Now, let's dive into the concepts mentioned in the article and provide information related to each one.
Alphabet crafts, such as the 'J is for Jellyfish' craft, are a great way to introduce young children to letters and help them develop letter recognition, alphabet writing, and sound recognition skills. These crafts provide a hands-on and engaging approach to learning the alphabet. They also promote fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination in children. By associating each letter with a craft activity, children can have fun while learning.
Jellyfish are fascinating ocean creatures that captivate the curiosity of children. They are known for their vibrant colors, unique shapes, and mysterious habitats. Engaging in a craft activity like the 'J is for Jellyfish' craft can spark children's interest in learning more about these fascinating animals. It provides an opportunity to discuss the characteristics, habitats, and behaviors of jellyfish, fostering a deeper understanding of marine life.
The 'J is for Jellyfish' craft requires a few simple supplies, including construction paper, scissors, glue stick, pencils, markers, and a black and red marker. These supplies are easily accessible and can be found at home or in craft stores. The craft can be customized by adding additional materials like googly eyes, ribbon, washi tapes, paper bags, tissue paper, and glitter. Encouraging children to use their creativity and imagination while crafting can enhance their artistic skills and make the activity more enjoyable.
To create the 'J is for Jellyfish' craft, follow these simple steps:
- Print the jellyfish templates provided in the article and cut out each of the template jellyfish pieces.
- Use a pencil to trace the letter 'J' on the light pink construction paper and trace the other simple shapes on the hot pink construction paper.
- Cut out each of the jellyfish pieces.
- Glue the hot pink jellyfish head to the top of the light pink 'J'.
- Glue the two small oval shapes side by side in the jellyfish head.
- Use a black marker to draw two eyes and a small smile on the jellyfish head.
- Use a red marker to draw squiggly lines from the jellyfish head down through the letter 'J' to create the jellyfish's tentacles.
By following these instructions, children can create their own adorable jellyfish letter craft. It's a quick and simple craft that provides lots of fun and learning opportunities.
I hope this information helps you understand the concepts mentioned in the article and provides you with the necessary guidance to engage in the 'J is for Jellyfish' craft. If you have any further questions or need additional assistance, feel free to ask!